Red, Red Wine
1. George blazer in Burgundy at Walmart $20
2. Essie Nail Lacquer in Bordeaux $11 at Shoppers Drug Mart or Walmart Canada
3. Dooney & Bourke Dillen 2 Large Pocket Satchel in Bordeaux $298 US
4. Michael Kors Vail Wedges in Dark Mushroom Kid Suede $195 US
5. Sephora Lush Flush Lip & Cheek Stain in Wine $12
6. Pepper.Werner Trousers in Wine from Theory $295
Bonus: Red Wine
Guest Contribution by Kathleen Rake
Now that we're getting ready for fall, despite summer having just arrived, a red wine with a little more weight than the rosés and whites we’ve been sipping is the perfect companion for cooler evenings.
One of my favourite red wines from BC is the 2008 Nichol Vineyard Syrah, displaying classic Syrah aromas and flavours of black pepper, black cherries, and salami. This wine measures 13.5% ABV and rings in at $29.90.
A more wallet-conscious choice is an Italian wine I had just the other night: 2007 Monte Antico Toscana IGT, with 13% ABV and a price tag of $16. A blend of 85% Sangiovese, 10% Cab Sauv, and 5% Merlot, this wine is juicy, fruity, earthy, and yummy.
Kathleen Rake a perpetual student of wine, who’s managed to marry her decades-long love affair with wine to her craft—writing. Read more of Kathleen’s wine-soaked musings at www.betweenthevines.ca. Feel free to contact her directly by e-mail at email@example.com.