Goals are one thing. They are tangible. They are practical. Goals are sober and well thought out. But what about wishes?
Wishes are goals with a shot of caffeine. It's one thing to have a list of goals; things you want to achieve in a pre-determined period of time. Having a wish list is a set of goals with a coating of fairy dust. Sure, you may never finish your wish list; but what if you did? Are you prepared for life to grant your wish?
My Wish List
In no particular order
- Photo safari in Africa or Antarctica;
- My dream garden, which includes an outdoor kitchen, comfy seating in front of an outdoor fireplace, and a large koi pond with multiple waterfalls and a burbling stream;
- A bedroom with french doors, which are inexplicably open late on a Sunday morning, whilst the breeze gently moves sheer white draperies and birds sing me awake;
- A 6-burner gas range;
- Maid service twice a week;
- A personal trainer, preferably Gillian Michaels;
- Visit every country on earth.
It's a lot to ask for, I know. Am I wasting precious brain energy wishing for things that will never come true? Maybe. But the day I am relaxing with my feet up next to my babbling brook, glass of sauvignon blanc in hand and chicken skewers toasting in the outdoor kitchen, I will thank my imagination for wishing up such a wonderful place to end up.